07 January 2009

Re-imagine 2009

I can’t believe that we are already one week into the new year. What are those resolutions again? This year, to give my resolutions a theme (and to help remember them) I added new “re” words to the old green mantra, “reduce, reuse, recycle.”

reinvent
rejuvenate
re-imagine
revive
reinvigorate
reorganize
REDECORATE
REFURBISH
REUPHOLSTER

Each new year, after I pack away the holiday decorations, my house always feels awkward and lacking, so I enthusiastically throw myself into a redecoration project. Sometimes it’s just a matter of reorganizing furniture or artwork, finding a prominent spot and therefore reviving an old knick knack, or refurbishing my ever-changing assortment of brightly colored throw pillows.

This year, after accomplishing all of the above, something still seemed missing. Looking around at our furniture, my husband pointed out that we lack a great reading chair. That’s it!

Reinvigorated, my 2009 redecoration project will become a quest for the prefect vintage chair (back to the mantra: reuse and recycle) then I will reupholster it in my favorite Mod Green Pod fabric. I will be posting before and after photos as soon as I chose my chair. Join me by sending us photos of your Mod Green Pod projects, too!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Nancy

No comments: